Idaho Commission on Aging Seeks Public Comment for Idaho’s Senior Services State Plan at Local Town Hall Meetings
State of Idaho
341 W. Washington, 3rd Floor
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Judy Taylor
IDAHO COMMISSION ON AGING SEEKS PUBLIC COMMENT FOR IDAHO’S SENIOR SERVICES STATE PLAN AT LOCAL TOWN HALL MEETINGS
BOISE ID (November 2019)
The Idaho Commission on Aging (ICOA) is conducting public meetings to provide citizens of Idaho an opportunity to comment on Idaho’s four-year Senior Services State Plan due June of 2020. ICOA plans and oversees services designed to keep at risk seniors living independently.
Services that ICOA funds through local Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) include:
- Home Delivered and Congregate Meals
- Homemaker, Respite, Senior Transportation, Chore, Minor Home Modification
- Legal Assistance, Adult Protection and Ombudsman services
At the meetings, ICOA staff will present the following for comment:
- Funding Formula: How federal and state funds are distributed to local areas for implementation.
- Budget Parameters: The parameters to ensure funds are used for services.
Seek community input on program:
- Current strengths, weaknesses, and unmet needs.
Town Hall Meeting Schedules
- 11:00 – 12:00 – Information tables with ICOA staff
- 12:00 – 1:00 – Lunch
- 1:00 – 3:00 – Community input and brainstorming
- PSA III: Monday, 18th: 11:00 – 3:00 – Nampa Senior Center
- PSA III: Tuesday, 19th: 11:00 – 3:00 – Weiser Senior Center